Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a stranger, a smile, a face to remember.....a note of thanks

How often do we remember a face but not the name?
How often do we remember someone but not their face/name?

Maybe because we did not ask for their name? or maybe they were not as important as others in our life? or are they?

If they were not important.....if they have not made a mark in our life in a small way....if they have not crossed our life for no reason.....WHY DO WE REMEMBER THEM YEARS LATER? and yet the moment BRINGS A SMILE TO OUR FACE?

yes...they are strangers we never forget

Now ask me why on earth am I writing about them?

I remember the day I was stranded in Blackpool on a cold, windy afternoon.....i guess that was the worst day to be left alone with no one except money on you(thank heavens for that). As much as i would like to be proud of the fact, that i had the courage to take a train from Leeds to Blackpool to meet a friend, i should admit i was totally out of my mind to have gone there with no address of my friend.

So, it was windy, COLD...super COLD there i was with no address, no jacket/jumper/sweater(i had some balls to do that)....in a crowded Blackpool. Once i realized i was not meant to be there, i decided to head back to the train station...guess what, i did not know the way there....

Men don't cry or do they?.....okay i did not break yet. Have you experienced days when you stroll & there will be someone you can point out and say for sure that the person is lost.

Maybe it was my day...not to point out but to be pointed at....yes, i guess it was evident with shopping bags, shivering in the middle of the road...with almost 'i am lost HELP ME PLEASE' kind of an expression on a thin frame. So there i see two pretty ladies, one of them pushing a pram walking past me....i guess its instincts that worked. They came back and asked if i was lost.....i said yes, i had to go to the train station. They stopped a Taxi....put me in and said BYE.

That was a relief...i thanked them...may be i was so stressed i forgot i had a camera on me....i missed to capture their images....but i did not forget to click a picture of the driver who dropped me at the station......on my return people asked me who was it in the pic....i proudly said its the driver who saved my day.....with a smile on my face. I regret not taking a picture of those 2 Angels who helped me.....i call them my Angels in Blackpool.

Every time I flip through the photo album, there is a smile on my face whenever i see the image of that stranger behind the wheel.

There are so many strangers i have come across....i don't remember all their faces, i don't have a picture of all of them....yet i know i met them.....

Its time to acknowledge strangers who walked in & quickly out of my life.....yet brought a smile....a smile to remember....

a stranger who gave a drive for me on the day i had my entrance exam (no buses/ taxis- shutdown)
a stranger who helped us in Kanchi...but never forgot to recognize me after hours
a stranger in a Leeds restaurant who shared a conversation

and many more....THANKS to you strangers for saving my day.

Glad you decided to walk out the streets on that day....the day you smiled at me and the smile stays with me forever.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Tones!!!

How could you venture out...when you didnt have the address..???...I can imagine esp. the cold...brrr!!

Anyways, one more adventure on your name..:)

Angels are all over...looking out for you...ready to give you the nudge towards the right path..